Household Hazardous Waste
We DO NOT ACCEPT HAZARDOUS WASTE AT THE LANCHESTER LANDFILL. hhw collection events are scheduled, and you must register. (see below)
These words identify household hazardous waste (HHW). Items marked as such should be disposed of accordingly:
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Disposal Guidelines
- No commercial waste - The county will not accept any commercial or industrial generated hazardous waste.
- No illegal materials - The county will not accept any materials that cannot be legally disposed of at a hazardous waste facility.
- No mixing - Do not mix materials.
- Tighten all lids - If containers are leaking, pack in a larger container with newspaper to soak up the leaks.
- Items must be identifiable - Bring all substances in original containers with labels.
- 25 gallon/220 pound limit - The maximum amount accepted is 25 gallons or 220 pounds. No 25 or 50 gallon drums.
YOU MUST SHOW YOUR REGISTRATION TICKET AND PLEASE WEAR A MASK. MATERIALS IN TRUNK OF CAR. STAY IN YOUR CAR. STAFF WILL REMOVE YOUR MATERIALS.
Businesses and contractors will be turned away.
Accepted and Not Accepted Material list
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK THE WEBSITES FOR DELAWARE, MONTGOMERY, BUCKS AND PHILADELPHIA COUNTIES.